Friday, March 23, 2007

When we ask for help

I just wanted to comment today on the old adage that "When the student is ready, the teacher appears." I know this is usually true for me. When I am ready to move forward in some aspect of my life, there is a message that comes along to help. That answer for me usually appears in a book. Some book just happens to be recommended, just happens to catch my eye at the bookstore, or just happens to come into my mind and upon reading it, I find that it is somehow related to my current question or recent concern.

How about you? What form does your teacher take? A friend who just happens to address the question you have? A book, such as I just described? A movie you're watching? A TV show? Perhaps a person appears who is that teacher. Whatever form, we can rely on the universe to provide the direction we need. Believing this is part of the belief in the "practical spirituality" that I like to discuss. I believe that our spiritual life is directly related to all aspects of our life. There is no separation. Everything is connected. Do you feel your life connected, or do you feel that you are fragmented into work, home and other areas? I like the concept of the body, mind, emotions and spirit each requiring attention from us -- each representing a part of us that defines who we are.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello

I have just been reading through some of your post. I have enjoyed your topics. Also, the amount of thought and reasoning you have given to each topic.
To the question about the form my teacher takes. Much to often my teacher comes in the form of a problem or situation that I would prefer not to have to deal with.
This teacher(problem)does not show me the answer but alows me to learn the answer from myself. In which the knowledge and wisdom of the universe exist waiting for me to acknowledge and utilize.

peace & love

franklin