Thursday, March 29, 2007

Practical Spirituality, a little more

I am going to continue to discuss "practical spirituality," but I am not trying to attempt a definition as much as an on-going look at the topic. I am developing a definition, and honestly don't feel as if I have a good one yet. While eventually I need to be able to provide parameters on the topic, now I would just like to establish come ground rules. Anything related to life is related to spirituality. There really are no limits.

If "Everything is connected" (see my website and free newsletter -- www.nottinstitute.org for more information on that), then everything in life is related to a discussion on spirituality. I feel strongly about that. Yet such a general statement does not help anyone, or myself, trying to have an intelligent debate on the topic. It is a good beginning and allows a free and open discussion. I am looking for others with whom to have this discourse.

In order to live life successfully, I believe we must set some personal guidelines for our spiritual aspect. Otherwise, we miss an important component of ourselves. Denying that seems to limit our lives. I want us all to live full lives, that is part of a successful life.

No comments: